10G & 25G Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) Lab Buddy
Discovery Semiconductors' reference-free 1:1 Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) Lab Buddy, conveniently interfaces with the Bit Error Rate (BER) test equipment and provides a Receive, Reshape, & Retime (3R) solution, which is especially important for transmission experiments. Currently, Discovery offers a CDR Lab Buddy for 10G and 25G data rates.
The Lab Buddy is powered from a power supply module supplied by Discovery Semiconductors, Inc. It provides a regulated DC voltage to the Lab Buddy. The Lab Buddy eliminates the possibility of any accidental damage to the CDR unit. With Discovery's turn-key CDR solution more time can be devoted to testing, instead of setting up your test station!
10G CDR Lab Buddy
- 9.95 Gb/s to 11.1 Gb/s data rate
- 622.08 MHz to 693.48 MHz external reference clock (divided by 16). Required for Lab Buddy operation. Input located on rear panel
- Easy, front panel access to DATA, CLOCK and their counterparts
- Robust, compact, turn-key
25G CDR Lab Buddy
- 24.8 Gb/s to 28.3 Gb/s data rate
- Operated at sub-rates of /2, /4, /8 & /16 over the full rate operating range
- Utilized as a Clock Multiplying Unit (CMU)
- Adjustable input equalization, output data de-emphasis & polarity inversion
- Loss of Signal (LOS) & Loss of Signal Lock (LOSL) indicators
- Discovery's proprietary pre-loaded GUI program to operate the CDR's crucial parameters